Attorney Mark Hagen defends clients accused of criminal charges in Kansas and Missouri.
He fights all types of criminal and traffic offenses from his offices in Overland Park. He regularly practices across Johnson County, Kansas, and throughout the Kansas City metro area, in both Kansas and Missouri. He is experienced in criminal and traffic matters, including DWI, drug charges, suspended license, shoplifting, and more. He practices in the Kansas cities and counties of Leawood, Lenexa, Merriam, Mission, Olathe, Overland Park, Prairie Village, Roeland Park, Shawnee, and Johnson County, and Wyandotte County. In Missouri, counties and cities covered include Belton, Kansas City, Grandview, Independence, Liberty,and Jackson County, Cass County, Clay County, and Platte County.
Let Our Criminal Defense Lawyers Find Reasonable Doubt
When we take on a criminal case, our assumption is “innocent until proven guilty.” We show every client respect and offer similarly aggressive defense strategies for every crime in question. Our reputation and track record of success speak to the effort we put in to every case. Trust that we will fight our hardest to prove your innocence and preserve your future.
- Drug Possession
- Domestic Violence
- Litigator with an emphasis on criminal, securities, contract, homestead, property, and business disputes.
- Extensive experience appearing in and as judge pro tempore in Johnson County municipal courts.
- Directed complex cases involving multiple defendant felonies, securities fraud investigations, commercial and residential real estate disputes, and business breach of contract litigation.
PRO TEM MUNICIPAL JUDGE | CITY OF LENEXA | 2012 – PRESENT
PRO TEM MUNICIPAL JUDGE | CITY OF MERRIAM | 2007-PRESENT
PRO TEM MUNICIPAL JUDGE | CITY OF OVERLAND PARK | 2011-2015
PRO TEM MUNICIPAL JUDGE | CITY OF ROELAND PARK | 2009-2013
- Presided over hundreds of hearings, bench trials, sentencing hearings, revocations, probation reviews, and codes violations cases.
- On-call judge for warrants, transfer of custody and bond setting hearings.
- Temporary Prosecutor City of Edgerton.
J.D. | MAY 1998 | SAINT LOUIS UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW
M.S. PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION | MAY 1978 | UNIVERISTY OF MISSOURI – COLUMBIA
B.A. ǀ MAY 1976 ǀ UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI – COLUMBIA
BAR RELATED & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Immediate Past Chair, Johnson County Bar Association Municipal Courts Bench Bar Committee
- Member – Johnson County District Court Veteran’s Treatment Court organizing committee
- Bar Membership
- Missouri – 1998
- Kansas 1999
- Federal Court, District of Kansas 1998
- Federal Court, Western District of Missouri 1999
Board Member, Strand of Three Food Pantry
Wayside Waifs Animal Shelter
- Deutsche Bank National Trust Co. v. Rooney 186 P.3d 820, 39 Kan. App.2d 913 (2008), review denied (Nov. 4, 2008).
- State v. Garland 408 S.W.3d. 248 (Mo. Ct. App. 2013)
- State v. Maldonado-Echeverria, 398 S.W.3d 61 (Mo. Ct. App. 2013)